Best Carrot Soup by Haley Lindberg was created as part of her Girl Scout Gold Project.
12 large carrots, peeled, chopped
1 yellow or white onion, chopped
4 C. water or chicken broth
1 Tbsp. olive oil or butter
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 C. orange juice
1 Tbsp. ginger powder
Salt and Pepper
- Melt butter/oil in saucepan; add onions and sauté until translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Place chopped carrots, sautéed onions, garlic and water (or broth) in large pot. Bring to boil, then simmer until carrots are tender (about 30 minutes).
- Add orange juice and stir off heat.
- Blend in a blender in batches. If needed, add additional water/broth.
- Add ginger powder, salt and pepper seasoning to taste.