Virtual Food Drives
Increase your impact with the Food Bank’s buying power.
Donate nutritious food without lifting a can! A Virtual Food Drive is an online fundraiser you can start anytime, and it makes the perfect addition to any celebration, office event or friendly community competition.
Register as an individual, start your own team or join an existing team.
Start your virtual food drive today!
Benefits of hosting a Virtual Food Drive (VFD):
- It’s the greenest and easiest of all food drives
- Allows for group participation
- You can use any major credit card for payment on a secure website
- Donors will receive an e-receipt confirming their donations immediately
- Saves the Food Bank the time and resources incurred by a traditional food drive
- Your donations allow us to purchase our most-needed items
- Go to https://foodbankccs.org/virtualfooddrive and select “Become a Fundraiser”
- Select “Create a team”
- Complete the two registration fields
- (Optional) Change the Team URL, goal and wording then hit “create team”
- Share the URL with your colleagues, friends and your social networks
Create a fundraiser on your Facebook page to support the Food Bank! Facebook takes care of the donation processing with no fees. Get started now!
Facebook Fundraiser Ideas:
- Host a friendly challenge with co-workers, friends and family to raise funds for the Food Bank.
- Put on a virtual demo or class with proceeds going to the Food Bank.
Donate to the official Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano Virtual Food Drive.
Food Bank Facts
- Every dollar donated to the Food Bank can provide two meals!
- The Food Bank serves 1 in 6 residents in Contra Costa and Solano county.
- The Food Bank works with more than 260 nonprofit agency partners in Contra Costa and Solano county to support their efforts to end hunger in our community.