Recipe by Anna Gorman
This St. Patrick’s Day, make all your dishes green with this vibrant chimichurri! It’s only four ingredients, comes together in minutes, and it improves nearly every dish it touches. Put it on meat, eggs, cooked vegetables, beans, potatoes…the possibilities are endless! As an added bonus, it’s a great way to use the rest of that bunch of cilantro or parsley that’s slowly wilting in the back of the fridge.
- ½ cup cilantro or parsley
- 2-3 cloves garlic (more or less, depending on how much you like raw garlic)
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- OPTIONAL: red pepper flakes
- Finely chop the cilantro or parsley (including the stems), and the garlic
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- This sauce is best used the same day it’s made, but will keep for about 3 days in the refrigerator
Other recipes you might like
Help us provide nutritious ingredients
When you give, $0.96 out of every dollar goes to providing healthy food.
Stock up on healthy food
- To get help with healthy ingredients to stretch your food budget, find a Food Bank distribution near you.
- You may also qualify for free groceries with CalFresh. See if I am eligible.