CalFresh is a grocery assistance program that offers low income individuals and families a supplemental monthly benefit. CalFresh helps people buy the food they need when money is tight.
CalFresh is for everyone — employed and unemployed individuals, families, seniors, people with disabilities, those experiencing homelessness, active and non-active military personnel. If you’re within the income limits, you may be eligible. As of June 1st, 2019, recipients of SSI/SSP benefits may be eligible for CalFresh. Applying for CalFresh will not change your SSI/SSP benefits.
We Can Help
Our team can help determine if you are eligible and walk you through the application process. Think you’re not eligible? We can also help you locate other food resources. Interpreter services available in most languages.
Call our CalFresh team: 925-603-3316
Would you like someone to contact you?
Fill out the CalFresh contact form or book a phone call with a member from our team.
CalFresh Income Guidelines
October1, 2023 through September 30, 2024
|People in Household/Personas en el Hogar||Maximum Income Monthly/Ingreso Brutal Mensual|
|Each additional member||+ $858|
Have you used you P-EBT card yet?
Hard times don’t have to be hungry. If your family qualifies for Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer, or P-EBT, you will automatically receive a debit card(s) in the mail.
Undocumented immigrants who do not qualify should apply for their children who are legal residents or born in the U.S. Applying for or receiving CalFresh will not count against you when you apply to become a citizen of the U.S. (CalFresh is not a public charge). At least one member of the household must have a valid social security number.
As of June 1st, 2019, recipients of SSI/SSP benefits may be eligible for CalFresh. Applying for CalFresh will not change your SSI/SSP benefits.
- You own your house or mobile home.
- You own a car, truck or motorcycle.
- You receive SSI/SSP benefits.
- You have a savings or retirement account.
- You are experiencing homelessness, and do not have an address or a place to cook.
Learn about what to expect after applying on our CalFresh County Info page.
- Shop at farmer’s markets and get up to $10 matched through the Market Match program!
- For discounted PG&E services, call 866-743-2273.
- Discounted phone services with California Lifeline
- Museums for All provides free or reduced entry to museums.
- No Amazon Prime membership required to shop eligible items.
- Discounted internet access from AT&T