This vegan dip has been referred to as a “guaranteed crowd-pleaser” by a member of our staff, Rachel. She says it’s a hit “whether you follow a plant-based diet or not and it’s a go-to recipe for potlucks!” The recipe is from Dreena Burton’s website.
- 3/4 cup raw cashews unsoaked
- 3/4 cup plain unsweetened non-dairy milk I like almond or soy, but your choice
- 2 1/2 – 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1-2 medium-large cloves garlic I typically use 1 to make it family-friendly; use less/more to taste
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp dry ground mustard
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups frozen artichoke hearts partially thawed (helps for pulsing in blender)
- 2 cups loosely packed spinach leaves
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a blender, first add cashews, milk, lemon juice (I like the full 3 tbsp for tanginess), garlic, salt, dry mustard, and pepper.
- Blend until very smooth. (If using a high-powered blender, this will only take a minute or so. If using a standard blender, keep blending until very smooth.
- Add artichokes and spinach and just PULSE through. Do not fully blend, keep some chunky texture!
- Transfer to an oven-proof baking dish, and bake for 17-20 minutes.
- Remove, let cool for about 4-5 minutes, and serve.
Other recipes you might like
Help us provide nutritious ingredients
When you give, $0.96 out of every dollar goes to providing healthy food.
Stock up on healthy food