Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano assets for media and community partners.
Founded in 1975, The Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano is a critical resource, serving one in four residents in our local communities. Our mission is leading the fight to end hunger, in partnership with our community and service of our neighbors in need. Through our partnership with Feeding America, the Food Bank distributes nutritious food directly to clients as well as through a network of over 260 partners and nonprofits — serving 465,000 people every month. The Food Bank also strategically engages in advocacy work to raise awareness and mobilize support to end hunger, and we are recognized as one of Feeding America’s Hall of Fame honor roll members for excellence in advocacy.
During times of crisis, the Food Bank team serves as second responders by providing food for communities impacted by natural disasters and emergencies. As Feeding America’s hub for disaster relief on the West Coast we’ve helped respond to disasters in 18 Northern California counties and beyond.
With 97 cents of every $1 donated going toward food distribution, the Food Bank is committed to financial transparency and consistently earns Charity Navigator’s highest four-star rating. To learn more about the Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano, visit www.foodbankccs.org.
- Founded in 1975
- $1 can provide enough food for at least two meals.
- We have been serving our community for 48 years.
- We have served more than 465,000 in the community each month in recent months.
- That’s nearly 1 in 4 of our neighbors
- We are continuing to see an increase at our programs over this time last year:
- 30% increase to Senior Food Program since fall 2022
- 76% increase to our Agency Partners
- 60% of the food we distribute is fresh produce, proteins and dairy.
- We work with 260 partner agencies, ensuring we make maximum impact in the areas we serve.
- $0.97 cents of every $1 goes directly to food programs.
- We have a distinguished 4-star rating by Charity Navigator, a third-party platform that reviews nonprofits for accountability, transparency and financial health.
Please note: Food Bank staff must approve all logo usage prior to publication or printing.
To download the image, you can right click (PC) or command click (MAC) on the link and select “save link as” (Firefox & Chrome), “save target as” (Internet Explorer), or “download linked file” (Safari) to save a copy of the file.