Carrots, onions and cabbage, found at many of our food distributions, are the base for this delicious all-purpose slaw. This easy-to-make side dish adds a tangy crunch to burgers, fish and tacos—just about anything! And to boot, cabbage has anti-inflammatory properties, is good for heart and digestion health, and packs a punch of Vitamins C and K!
- 7 cups finely shredded green cabbage (about 1/2 head)
- 1 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 1 cup grated carrot
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper
- In a large bowl, combine shredded cabbage, sliced onion and grated carrots.
- In a smaller bowl, make the dressing by combining white wine vinegar, sugar, mustard, mayonnaise, salt, black pepper and red pepper; whisk together.
- Add the dressing to the cabbage mixture and toss well to coat.
- Cover and chill for 20 minutes. Stir again before serving.