- perfect for a Mother’s Day brunch
- a flexible and forgiving recipe
- an inexpensive way to feed 8 people (or more)
- reheats in microwaves easily!
Okay, ready to make it? First things first: PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES
- 8 frozen hash brown patties
- 3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (or a cheddar cheese blend)
- 2 cups of ham, bacon, or sausage (omit if vegetarian)
- 7 large eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
Optional ingredients (pick and choose):
- Sliced mushrooms
- diced mild green chilis
- onions (yellow, sweet or green)
- Use your imagination…the possibilities are endless!
- Grease 9-1/2 x 11 baking dish
- Place frozen hashbrowns down as a base layer
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, cheese, salt, ground mustard and garlic powder
- Evenly pour mixture over hashbrowns
- Evenly distribute your meat of choice on top
- Top with any optional ingredients
- Cover with aluminium foil
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Uncover for 5-10 more minutes until edges are golden brown and inserted knife comes out clean. Cut into 8 or 10 servings.
- Optional: Top with your favorite salsa or hot sauce.
- Pro tip: Add avocado slices and/or fresh diced tomatoes before serving
Put Groceries on the Table
Help us provide nutritious ingredients
When you give, $0.96 out of every dollar goes to providing healthy food.
Stock up on healthy food