We get it. Fall is a busy time of year. These on-the-go omelettes can be made in advance and warmed up for a quick meal or snack. And yes, you can freeze them too.
It’s hard to even call this a recipe because both the ingredients and the measurements are flexible. You can switch up the meat, the cheese, and the vegetables–your taste buds won’t get bored with so many flavor combinations.
Pro tip: these are great to make when it’s time to clean out the refrigerator to avoid food waste!
- 9 eggs
- ¼ cup milk or water
- Salt and pepper
- Meat, cheese, vegetables. Here are just a few examples:
- Chopped Meats: Bacon, Sausage, Ham
- Shredded Cheese: Cheddar, Swiss, Gruyere
- Chopped Veggies: tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, spinach, bell pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease muffin tins.
- Loosely place approximately 2 TBSP of your desired combined meat, cheese, vegetable ingredients in each muffin cup.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs.
- Stir in ¼ cup of milk or water to eggs (helps make eggs “fluffy”).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour egg mixture in each filled cup to about about 2/3 full.
- Bake about 20 minutes
Cool before placing in refrigerator or freezer for storage. When ready to reheat, pop a couple in the microwave for 30-45 seconds.