LOOKING BACK ON ONE YEAR OF COVID-19
One year ago, regional shelter-in-place orders went into effect for most of the Bay Area counties. As an essential business, the Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano immediately leapt into action to safely and efficiently serve its neighbors in need. The need for our services has only grown and the way we operate has changed in new and exciting ways. Read more about the Food Bank’s efforts after one year of COVID-19.
The Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano is an essential service providing a lifeline to our neighbors hardest hit by COVID-19 and the ongoing recession. We remain committed to helping our neighbors get back on their feet. We know from experience that it takes years to make a full economic recovery.
When it comes to fighting hunger, don’t forget that YOU ARE ESSENTIAL. Here are some ways you can support the ongoing emergency response:
We are serving 270,000 of our neighbors EVERY MONTH–that’s an increase of more than 50% from our pre-COVID-19 numbers. Your donations
Volunteers are the backbone of our organization; we couldn’t do this without many hands. We have strict safety protocols in place because keeping our amazing volunteers healthy and safe is a top priority!
Knowledge is power! Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on social media to get updates on our work in the community, stories from the frontlines and event information.
Help is available! The Food Bank operates a variety of food programs and collaborates with 240 local nonprofit partner agencies to provide food throughout Contra Costa and Solano counties. Click below to find a food distribution in your area.
Read Past COVID-19 Updates
- Food Bank Looks Back at One Year of COVID-19 (3/17/2021)
- Volunteers are Essential (12/5/2020)
- COVID-19 REPORT (July, 2020)
- Pandemic Response Update [Video] (8/5/2020)
- This is why we turn to you (5/30/2020)
- All dressed up and nowhere to go… (5/23/2020)
- Frontline Q&A – Updates from Program Staff (5/13/2020)
- “This food really helps.” (5/1/2020)
- Update on our COVID-19 Response (4/24/2020)
- Behind the Scenes of our COVID-19 Response (4/10/2020)
- Good news in tough times (4/6/2020)
- Your COVID-19 Service FAQs Answered! (4/3/2020)
- How you can help during this time of crisis (3/30/2020)
- An update on programs (3/21/2020)
- Coronavirus Volunteer Update (3/16/2020)
- How you can help in these challenging times (3/14/2020)