Here are some facts about the Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano that we hope you will find useful and share in the community on our behalf.
FOOD BANK FACTS:
- Approximately 182,000 people served each month.
- 22 million pounds of food distributed; enough for more than 17 million meals.
- Nearly 60% of the food distributed is fresh produce.
- 96 cents of every dollar donated goes directly to food programs.
- 1 in 4 people receiving emergency food are children.
- 1 in 3 people served have to choose between paying for food and paying their rent or mortgage.
- Every dollar donated provides the equivalent of two healthy meals.