Kids are the future of our community – and when they get the nourishment they need to thrive, it makes a lifelong difference. That’s why in the most recent edition of At the Table, the Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano’s bi-annual newsletter, we’re sharing all the ways you’re creating a brighter future for children in our community.
As we continue serving twice as many people as we did pre-pandemic, your support means the world to us, and to your neighbors. We are doing all we can to stay in front of the need and be resourceful, but steadfast supporters like you are the ones who ensure we can sustainably serve our community in the years to come.
In the words of President and CEO Joel Sjostrom: “It’s because of you that this ongoing work is possible. Your support gives us the opportunity to not only serve our neighbors today, but to create real systemic change in our community.”
In this issue you’ll hear from:
- Our CEO on how your support helps future generations
- Pittsburg students about a new weekend program that’s helping them thrive
- A working mom on how she is keeping her kids fed in the face of benefit cuts
- Our partners at a school food pantry that’s providing groceries and life skills
- 11 year-old Food Bank supporter Elliot on why he gives
- And more!