Thank you to everyone who hosted and attended events this Fall. Here are some highlights from the recent calendar.
- Scare Away Hunger – Thanks to the students at Alhambra and Concord High Schools who spent their Halloween collecting food. In just a few hours, they collected more than 14,862 pounds of food and $2,500.
- Gourmet East Bay – Gourmet East Bay, Sponsored by Diablo Magazine and Broadway Plaza was held on Saturday November 1st. Guests were able to sample dishes from many top local restaurants, and fill their glasses with the finest wines, brews and spirits from local vendors. Live music, great weather, and fantastic silent auction items to bid on made this the place to be! The Food Bank was able to raise $7,700, which that will be used to purchase food for the holidays. Thank you to all who came out and supported the Food Bank.
- The Habit Burger Grill in Antioch held its Pre-Grand Opening on Tuesday November 11th. One hundred percent of proceeds from the lunchtime sales of their mouth-watering menu items were donated to the Food Bank!
- Moraga Turkey Shoot – The Moraga Country Club Senior Golf Association, and the Moraga Country Club, sponsored their second annual “Turkey Shoot”, on Thursday November 6th. Thank you to everyone who participated. Through registration, a silent auction and a very entertaining live auction, we were able to raise more than $21,000 to help feed those experiencing hunger in our community.
- Scouting for Food – over 120,000 pounds were collected by Scouts in Contra Costa and Solano Counties in one day!
- WSPA Holiday Mixer – The Western States Petroleum Association mixed and mingled for the 4th annual Holiday mixer. Guests donated along with registration adding up to over 8,600 meals!
- ABC7 Give #WhereYouLive – ABC7 Weather Anchor, Spencer Christian spent the evening with the Food Bank for a live broadcast on November 18th where he presented us with a check for $15,000 from parent company, Disney. We were also joined by member agencies, clients, volunteers and donors who shared their stories on the air and helped box produce. Thanks to all who showed up in person or tuned in to support Give #WhereYouLive.
- Manor Care in Rossmoor partied the night away, casino-style for their annual holiday party and open house. Guests contributed enough funds for over 3,000 meals!
To learn more about events you can attend, visit www.foodbankccs.org/events.