How Can I Help?
There are many volunteer opportunities at the Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano. With positions to suit almost any interest and time availability, you can volunteer in the front office, warehouse, or in the community. If you belong to a social club, work group or fraternal organization, you can organize a food drive, volunteer as a team in the warehouse, or invite a Food Bank representative to speak to your group.
We need extra hands in many places:
- Have any time on weekdays? Join our office team to greet visitors, answer phones, handle mail and enter data. Or you can help distribute food at one of our program sites–in a town or city near you.
- Warehouse volunteers needed! Every day we need warehouse volunteers to move food products, box produce, or sort and box donated food.
- Community volunteers are needed to coordinate food drives or help at special events.
- You can donate produce from your garden to help feed the hungry people in your community.
- Collect food by organizing a food drive with your neighbors, your club or your friends at work. It can be as big or small as you like, and experts from the Food Bank are here to help you. For information about organizing a food drive, visit our Food Drive page.
Special Volunteer Needs
At times the Food Bank has special volunteer projects to offer. Currently, we are looking for:
Bilingual volunteers who are fluent in English and Spanish to help in different areas of the Food Bank
Community Produce Program volunteers to help at distribution sites
Community Produce Program volunteers and groups to help in the warehouse
Nutrition Education Volunteers to help teach clients healthy cooking and eating
Admiral’s Garden Committee Volunteer to help with our largest annual fundraising event
When Can I Help?
The Food Bank welcomes your help when it’s most convenient for you. We offer a variety of options to fit your busy schedule.
For more information on volunteering, please contact Sharon Zeppegno at (925) 676-7543 extension 209 or Volunteer Help Desk. Please include your name, phone number with area code, email, city, availability, as well as the type of opportunity you are looking for.
What If I Don’t Have Time to Volunteer?
No time? There is still plenty you can do to help feed the hungry members of our community!
Invite us to speak to the next meeting of your social club, work group or fraternal organization. This raises awareness and educates friends and colleagues about hunger in Contra Costa and Solano counties–and what we can do together to end it. To contact us about a speaker, please contact Patty McDowell at (925) 676-7543 extension 243 or firstname.lastname@example.org.