• 3 C. reduced-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
• 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes or fresh tomatoes.
• 1 (15 ounce) can beans, drained
• 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
• 1 celery stock, chopped
• Bay leaves, sage, thyme
• Salt and pepper
• 2 C. cooked whole wheat pasta
• 1 medium squash, chopped
• 1 C.cauliflower, chopped
• Examples of other vegetables you can add: broccoli, green beans, potato, bell pepper.
In a pot, combine broth, tomatoes, beans, carrots, celery, onion, cauliflower, bay leaves and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours. Thirty minutes before the soup is done cooking, add pasta and squash. Cover and cook 30 more minutes. Remove bay leaves and season to taste. Serves 4.