If you love the taste of homemade jam, but don’t want to put all the work into making it the traditional way (hey, we’re not judging), try this Triple Berry Chia Jam recipe.
It’s ridiculously easy to make and doesn’t require any special canning equipment or pectin. This is a great way to use up berries before they spoil and the chia seeds provide extra fiber, omega-3 fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals that you don’t get from your average jam.
- 1 cup blueberries
- ¾ cup chopped strawberries
- ¾ cup raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chia seeds (white preferred)
- Place the fruit, sugar and lemon juice in a medium saucepan and stir to mix.
- Cook on medium heat for 10-12 minutes, stir occasionally, until the fruit is broken down. Use a fork or masher to further break down the fruits if you like a smoother jam.
- Remove the saucepan from heat. Gently mix in chia seeds and let cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to a jar and refrigerate. The jam will continue to thicken in the refrigerator and can be stored for 3-4 weeks (but because it’s so good, you probably won’t have it around that long).
We think this recipe is great as is, but if you want to “make it your own,” try substituting the sugar for honey, maple syrup, agave, or stevia using a conversion chart and/or substitute other berries for the ones listed.