Do you want to know how you can add more leafy greens to your diet for National Nutrition Month? DRINK them! We recommend storing fresh kale, spinach or chard in the freezer to use in smoothies. It prevents the produce from spoiling and provides a nice texture to your drink. This hearty smoothie tastes like peanut butter and chocolate but is full of nutritious green goodness!
Ingredients for one serving (multiply for additional servings)
- 1 cup of milk or milk substitute of your choice
- 1 TBSP peanut butter (almond butter works great also)
- 1 cup tightly packed greens (a mix of baby kale, baby spinach and baby chard works well)—a large handful usually does the trick
- ½ banana
- Chocolate flavored protein powder of your choice-follow serving directions
- 4-5 large ice cubes
- Optional: ground flaxseed for additional nutritional benefits
- Add all ingredients to a blender with liquid on the bottom
- Blend on high until you’ve reached the desired consistency for drinking.