Free Food for Seniors
Qualifying senior citizens receive free groceries twice per month. The canned goods, bread and produce distributed have a market value of approximately $50 per month and allow seniors to stretch their budgets to pay for medicine, rent, utilities and other necessities.
BECOMING A PARTICIPANT
There are 3 criteria for Senior Food Participation
- Be 55 years of age or older
- Reside in Contra Costa or Solano County
- Reside in a low income household that meets the following income guidelines:
- $1,945 per month / $23,340 per year for individual
- $2,622 per month / $31,460 per year for a 2 person household
- $3,298 per month / $39,580 per year for a 3 person household
For each additional person in the household add $677 monthly or $8,120 annually.
To register, please bring the following, to the site nearest where you live:
- Identification with birth date (*can also be used to verify address).
- Driver’s license*
- California state identification card*
- Medical insurance card
- Verification of your home (street) address.
- Social Security check or statement
- Bank statement
- Utility bill
- Rental lease
- Telephone bill
- Piece of mail
To Apply for the Senior Food Program
To apply for the Senior Food Program, please provide the information above along with copies of documents to verify your age and residence on your first visit to a Senior Food Program site. You can self-certify your household income. Only one member per household can register. You may only register at one site. Submit document copies with the completed application at the Senior Food Program site closest to you.