Want all the flavor of a homemade cobbler without having to turn on the oven during the hot summer months? We have beautiful stone fruits in our warehouses right now and felt inspired to share this delicious recipe.
- 6 ripe nectarines (use 5 if they’re on the larger side)
- ½ cup sugar (divided into two ¼ cups)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp cold butter, cubed
- Cut each nectarines in 12 slices and cut each slice in half.
- Place the nectarines in a medium sized bowl. Add ¼ cup sugar and lemon juice and stir well. Place the bowl in the refrigerator and allow to sit overnight, stirring occasionally. This process releases the natural juices from the fruit.
- Mix the flour, ¼ cup sugar, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- When you are ready to make the cobbler, drain the juices from the nectarines into another bowl and set aside.
- Layer the nectarines evenly on the bottom of a slow cooker. Layer the dry mix evenly on top of the nectarines.
- Sprinkle the top with cinnamon.
- Pour the nectarine juices on top of the dry mix. Place the cubed butter evenly on top of the juices and mix.
- Cook on low for 2 hours and serve warm.
- Add whip cream or ice-cream if desired.