Summer is here, hugs are back and now you have to figure out what to bring to a potluck! Look no further than this versatile Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad from Budget Bytes. Take it to the next level by grilling the veggies first to make their flavors really come alive!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 12 oz. bowtie pasta
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 zucchini
- 1 broccoli crown
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 12oz. jar roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Make the vinaigrette first. Whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon, oregano, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Set the dressing aside.
- Cook the bowtie pasta according to the package directions (boil 7-10 minutes or until tender), then drain in a colander. Rinse briefly to cool the pasta, then let it drain well.
- While the pasta is cooking and draining, prepare the vegetables. Chop the tomatoes, squash, zucchini, broccoli, and parsley. Slice the roasted red peppers (drained) and the red onion.
- Place the pasta and chopped vegetables in the largest bowl you have. Give the vinaigrette a brief whisk, then pour it over the salad. Stir the pasta and vegetables until everything is coated in dressing. Give it a taste and add salt or pepper, if needed. Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to eat.