This easy breakfast strata is sure to please, and it’s the perfect main dish for a Mother’s Day brunch. You likely have all the ingredients on hand to enjoy this hearty, savory bread pudding. Show your love with a delicious breakfast!
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk (whole preferred, but you do you)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme (or ¼ tsp dried)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (swap it out for a similar cheese you like)
- 5 slices sandwich bread of your choice, cut into 1-inch squares
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
Melt the butter and sauté onion in a 10-inch oven-safe nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for about 6 minutes.
While the onion is sautéing (don’t forget to stir regularly), in a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, thyme, and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper together, then stir in cheese and set aside.