You can EASILY add personality and flavor to boring ol’ mayonnaise by transforming it into garlic aioli (pronounced «a-o-lee»)! There’s a good chance you already have the needed ingredients on hand to turn a GOOD meal into a GREAT one. Believe us, your taste buds will think it’s well worth the two or three minutes it takes for this mayo makeover.
- 3/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 3 cloves of finely minced fresh garlic
- 2-1/2 TBSP of fresh lemon juice (bonus points for using Meyer lemons)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Combine all ingredients and ideally chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before using. Yep, that’s all there is to it!
- Store in refrigerator
AND HOW DO I USE IT?
- Use as a spread for sandwiches, wraps and burgers
- Use as a dip for eating artichokes or fish sticks
- Use as a replacement for mayonnaise in casseroles and other dishes