If you are required to serve hours in conjunction with a court order, please read the below instructions.
Instructions for Court-Ordered Community Service
The Food Bank has a limited number of volunteer opportunities for those seeking to fill court-ordered community service. We only accept those wishing to serve court-ordered community service hours for non-violent offenses. Court-ordered community service volunteers are approved on a case-by-case basis as openings permit.
In order to request volunteer hours for your court-ordered community service, please read the below guidelines. If you think you qualify to volunteer with us, fill out and submit an online application below.
- Volunteer opportunities are not guaranteed and are offered based on availability. The Food Bank reserves the right to decline any applicant.
- The minimum age for court-ordered community service volunteers is 16.
- All court-ordered community service volunteers are required to fill out and submit an online application form for approval.
- Approvals to fulfill court-ordered community service requirements at the Food Bank are made within 5-7 business days. Until that time, you are not allowed to sign-up for volunteer shifts at the Food Bank to fulfill your court-ordered community service hours.
- Upon approval, all court-ordered community service volunteers are required to create a Volunteer Portal account.
- Upon arrival at the Food Bank warehouse (Concord or Fairfield), approved court-ordered community service volunteers agree to sign in ONLY for scheduled shifts.
- Volunteers may not drop-in to any volunteer opportunities that they are not registered for. Walk-ins or volunteering outside of an approved volunteer shift are not allowed and will be dismissed.
- Court-ordered volunteers age 16 and over can sign up for these volunteer opportunities:
- Sort Food at Concord Warehouse
- Sort Food at Fairfield Warehouse
- Community Produce Program Distribution
- Food Assistance Program Distribution
- Food for Children Distribution
- Senior Food Program Distribution
Think you qualify to complete your court-ordered volunteer hours with us? Please fill out and submit an online application below.