The Food Bank is using theatre as an educational tool, sponsoring a series of free, live performances about hunger in America.
Hungry is a 40-minute play that tells the story of Eric, a typical middle school student. Eric’s family has suffered a loss of income. Without enough money for food, Eric takes some heroic measures to help. Using music and drama, Eric’s journey will engage and inspire students. At the same time, they will learn about the problem of hunger in our community and how it affects them.
Written by award-winning playwright, Patricia Loughrey, the play, debuted in 8 middle schools throughout Contra Costa and Solano counties in October in 2004. Since then Hungry has been presented to over 50,000 local students. Put on by professional actors with mobile sets, this play can be successfully performed on a stage or in a multi-purpose room.
REQUEST A PERFORMANCE
- We can provide up to three performances in a single day
- All performances must occur in the morning
- The first performance can start as early as 8am
- We need access to the performance space 90 minutes prior to show time
- We provide our own set and sounds system, and all setup and tear down is done by our cast
- The play run time is about 35-40 minutes and most schools like to have a few minutes of Q&A after each performance
- PERFORMANCE DATES FILL UP QUICKLY