There are places to go, people to see and things to do in the busy month of December…why not fight hunger along the way? Here are 7 ways you can help during the holidays.
PLACES TO GO
1. Grocery Shopping:
- Whole Foods Markets and Whole Foods 365 customers will have the option to donate their 5-cent reimbursement to Bay Area food banks for each shopping bag they bring in and use.
- Safeway shoppers can purchase a “hunger bag”, a pre-filled bag of groceries, for $10 and donate it to the Food Bank during check-out.
- Raley’s customers can make a $10 donation at the register or online, which will provide more than 20 meals to a family in need.
PEOPLE TO SEE
2. Visit Santa:
- Help fill up a decorated public transit WestCAT bus with both food AND toys for families in need in Pinole on December 12 or Hercules on December 14 and catch up with the man in red.
- Santa will be at the Danville Livery every Saturday and Sunday in December until Christmas. Please bring canned foods for their food drive.
THINGS TO DO
3. Give on someone’s behalf: Right now when you donate in someone’s honor this holiday season, we will mail your honoree a reusable limited-edition shopping bag as a tangible reminder of this meaningful gift.
4. Shop online: Fight hunger next time you shop Amazon by logging in through select Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano from the list of partners, then shop as usual. Amazon Foundation will donate 0.5% of your purchases to the Food Bank! ,
5. Fundraise for the Food Bank: Give nutritious food without lifting a can by encouraging others to contribute to your virtual food drive.
6. Go ice-skating: For every ticket that is collected at the Walnut Creek on Ice rink, Contra Costa Oncology will make a donation to the Food Bank.
7. Service your HVAC: Perfect Star Heating and Air Conditioning is donating $10 for every tune-up performed through January 31st.