- Set a goal– Decide how many pounds of food or dollars you will raise by a specific date. Setting a goal is motivating by giving your team and supporters something to aim for. Be sure to let the Food Bank know your plans, so we are prepared to provide support.
- Gather your team – Food and fund drives are more fun with friends! Who do you know that is passionate about helping others and will help you spread the word? Team members are a great source for encouragement and maybe even friendly completion!
- Let us help with the details – The Food Bank has resources to help with your drive from collection barrel or box drop-off/ pick-up to sample emails, hunger facts, flyers and posters. Barrels are only recommended for drives that collect over 200 pounds (One can of food weighs about one pound).
- Funds help too – With special deals and bulk purchasing, the Food Bank can provide $3 worth of nutritious food for every $1 donated. Let us set up your custom virtual food drive or add a fundraising component to your food drive for people who prefer to donate funds.
- Promote – Send a personal email to your close family and friends with your goal to start off strong. Share the momentum with your social media contacts, coworkers, and neighbors to help reach your goal. Remind them about your drive and progress often to get more support.
- Give us a call – During this busy time of year, make sure to set a pick-up date in advance with our Food Drive Coordinator. You can also bring your donations to either Food Bank location during warehouse hours. We’ll let you know how many pounds were collected so you can share with your team and supporters.
- Share your results – Be sure to personally thank your supporters because they care about the cause and care about you! Tag supporters in a Facebook post to let everyone know how much they helped!
Get started at www.foodbankccs.org/givehelp