We’d like to ask you to participate in Hunger Action Month by educating your fans and friends about hunger in our community. There are so many ways to play a role in fighting domestic hunger. These are just some of the ways to take action:
• Watch the video of Matt Damon telling the real story of a man struggling with hunger on our website.
• Share the video with your friends and family.
• Get involved and find daily ways to make a difference with the Food Bank’s 30 Ways in 30 Days calendar.
• Wear orange on Wednesdays in September.
If you are interested, we would also like to invite you to take part in the Hunger Challenge, September 12 – 16. During the Challenge you will get a feel for how a person receiving CalFresh Benefits (formerly the Food Stamp Program) would deal with daily eating on a budget of $4.72 a day. Would you be willing to eat on $4.72 and share your experiences with the Food Bank?
To learn more, visit the Hunger Action Month section of our website.
In honor of Hunger Action Month, we will be giving away five orange Food Bank/Hunger Action Month t-shirts.
Enter to win: Leave a separate comment letting us know if you did action 1, 2 , 3, etc. below. Without a comment, we can’t pick your name and you’re not entered into this giveaway.
1. Leave a comment telling us how will you take action against hunger this September.
2. Like the Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano on Facebook.
3. Follow the Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano on Twitter.
4. Take the Hunger Challenge, September 12 – 16. Leave a comment letting us know you plan to participate in the challenge.
5. Share this giveaway on Facebook. (Sample message: Enter to win an orange Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano Hunger Action Month t-shirt at foodbankccs.org.)
6. Tweet about this giveaway. (Sample tweet: Enter to win an orange Food @foodbankccs #HungerAction Month t-shirt at foodbankccs.org.)
This giveaway will end on Tuesday, 9/6 at 9 pm PST. Winners will be chosen at random.