Help in Other Ways
Maybe you already donate food through Contra Costa & Solano Food Project, but you’d like to do more to help, or maybe you’re not ready to be a regular Food-Donor yet. Take a look at this list and see if there’s something you’d enjoy doing. Then contact us by completing our Volunteer Form at the bottom of this page.
- Tabling. A great way to meet new people. Have fun chatting with passersby, thanking current CCSFP members and signing up new ones. We’ll supply all the materials and teach you how to do it.
- Helping at the Food Bank. On Pickup Day, dozens of volunteers pitch in at the Food Bank, accepting, sorting and stocking the food delivered by the CCSFP. It’s an exciting, celebratory atmosphere. Volunteers generally work in 2- or 3-hour shifts. Pickup Day is the 2nd Saturday of each even month.
- Canvassing. Every once in a while, we organize a group-canvassing effort in a particular area of town, to expand our Food Donor base. Don’t worry if you’ve never knocked on doors before; we’ll team you with an experienced canvasser, so you’ll have fun with a partner while you learn. It’s an important way to keep the CCSFP growing!
- Special Events. Got a few hours to spare? We can always use help with events …from the 4th of July parade to a potluck dinner. There are plenty of different jobs available for every event. And if you like planning events …well, have we got a job for YOU!
- Emergency Pick Ups. Every once in a while a Neighborhood Coordinator gets ill, is out of town, or just plain needs assistance on Pickup Day. So we need a list of people we can call on to pick up food in a pinch. (You need to have a vehicle for this.)
Sign Up to Volunteer with the CCS Food Project!
We keep this information strictly confidential and do not share it with ANYONE for any other purpose.