Supporting the Food Bank can be fun!
- Ask your family, friends, neighbors, colleagues and anyone else you know to buy a case of GSB 30% or 100% post-consumer recycled paper online through the Paper=Food campaign and Give Something Back and Boise Inc. will donate $1 to select California community food banks – including ours.
- Sell tickets for a “Baked Potato Bar” for lunch – have coworkers bring baked potatoes, cheese, toppings.
- Have a “Throwdown” (A Food Network Bobby Flay style competition). Have a cupcake, brownie, or salsa Throw-down, then sell the product. Make the product yourself or ask local restaurants or bakeries to participate.
- Sell tickets for a “Dessert Tasting”; have donors bring baked goods.
- Hold a raffle. See if anyone is willing to donate items for a raffle. Possible ideas include: homemade pie, homemade cookies, gift certificate to a restaurant/business, or a gift basket with a theme i.e. Baker’s Basket, Holiday Basket, etc.
- Hold a pee-wee American Idol contest and sell tickets!
- Play an instrument or sing for co-workers! Ask for a donation if you don’t sing!
- Hold a white elephant or yard sale, at home or at work!
- Ask co-workers to bring in books, CD’s, DVD’s they no longer want and have a sale.
- Cook breakfast for co-workers or hold a BBQ.
- Pass the hat – an empty grocery bag – at work or at a party.
Explain to your donors that:
- Each $1 donated enables the Food Bank to distribute many more dollars worth of nutritious food—equivalent to two meals.
- 28% of people receiving emergency food are children.
- A full 96 cents of each dollar goes directly to food programs.