Get Help




The CalFresh Program,formerly known as Food Stamps and nationally known as SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) helps low-income people and families buy the food they need to aid in good health. SNAP benefits require completing a State application form. Benefits are provided on an electronic card that is used like an ATM card and accepted at most grocery stores.


Federal Women, Infants and Children program provides Federal grants to States for supplemental foods, health care referrals, and nutrition education for low-income pregnant, breastfeeding / non-breastfeeding postpartum women, and to infants and children up to age five who are at nutritional risk.


The Earned Income Tax Credit sometimes called Earned Income Credit (EIC), is a refundable federal income tax credit for low-income working individuals and families. EITC has no effect on certain welfare benefits. In most cases, EITC payments will not be used to determine eligibility for Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), CalFresh, low-income housing or most Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) payments.


211 is the national, toll-free, three-digit phone number to call for information about local health and social services. It enables people to find out about vital resources in their community quickly and easily. 211 isn’t new; 41 states have it, some for 10 years. in Contra Costa County in Solano County


More and more pets are finding themselves homeless because their families are facing tough economic times.  AniMeals Pet Food Bank is a partnership of Contra Costa Humane Society, the Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano, and Pet Food Express that helps financially challenged families and individuals in Contra Costa County keep their pets in the home. For more information, visit the Contra Costa Humane Society website.

Earn It! Keep It! Save It!

Get your taxes prepared for free with Earn It! Keep It! Save It! Trained tax preparers are helping thousands of local residents. Come visit us at more than 200 Bay Area locations. Your 2012 income must be less than $51,000. To find a site near you, call 211 or visit