Thank you for your interest in establishing a food program with the Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano. The mission of the Food Bank is to provide nutritious food to all those in need through our own efforts and those of our more than 275 agencies in Contra Costa and Solano counties.
As a member of Feeding America, the nation’s largest non-governmental, domestic hunger relief organization, the Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano works with food banks throughout the country to provide food to people in need, and to uphold the highest standards of charitable food distribution. The Food Bank and our member food assistance programs follow the guidelines established by the national network and are subject to regular compliance monitoring. We operate on a membership basis requiring a onetime $50 membership fee.
If you are not currently operating a food assistance program and want to help, consider volunteering at an agency to determine the best way to fight hunger in your community.
An agency must meet the following criteria to be eligible for membership with the Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano. If you do not meet the following criteria, please still inquire below. We have other options for partnership with the Food Bank beyond membership.
- Must be a 501(c) (3) organization.
- May not be a private foundation, even if it has 501(c) (3) exemption.
- Must have a Board of Directors, governing body or formal advisory group that establishes procedures for the operation of the food assistance program including budgeting.
- Must distribute donated products free of charge for use by the ill, needy, or minor children.
- Must be willing and able to provide food without requiring the recipient to pay, pray, or work in order to eat or gain admission to the food distribution setting.
- May not sell or use donated products in exchange for money, other property, or services.
- May not redistribute food or products to other food pantries, soup kitchens, shelter, or other charitable group or organizations.
- Must have a clean building with pest control.
- Must have workers with proper food safety training.
- Must have strong volunteer support.
- Must have an interest in providing balanced and nutritious bags/meals.
- Must distribute food at least twice per month.
- Must intend to serve at least 50 clients at each distribution.
- Residential Programs must be affiliated with either Community Care Licensing or Regional Center of the East Bay.
For additional information, please click here.