You can take action for Hunger Action Month!
Individuals and families, buildings, landmarks, businesses, schools, universities and restaurants can all take action against hunger this September. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Go Orange! Wear orange clothing on Wednesdays and on National Hunger Action Day, Thursday, September 5. Ask co-workers, friends and family to join you. Take a group photo and tweet or Instagram it @foodbankccs using #HungerAction.
- Don’t have any orange items? We’ve got you covered on the Hunger Action Month Go Orange Order Form at www.foodbankccs.org/hungeractionmonth
- Hang a Hunger Action Month poster or banner at your business, organization or place of worship.
- Light your home orange for the month by purchasing orange light bulbs and replace your outdoor or indoor lighting with these orange bulbs.
- Include the color orange or the Hunger Action Month logo in your social media profile photos during September.
- Share a fact about hunger or the Food Bank with friends and family. Details at www.foodbankccs.org/education
- Attend a fun event that supports the Food Bank like Color Vibe, Sip, Taste, Tailgate or the Walnut Festival. Find out dates and times at www.foodbankccs.org/events
- Host a virtual food drive with your coworkers. Shop and donate food easily from your computer or tablet. Select from our most needed items and checkout. It’s that easy!
- Join our Hunger Fighters group to learn about hunger-related advocacy issues with ways you can help. www.foodbankccs.org/hungerfighters