Learn more about the people who work at the Food Bank.
We will ask the same seven questions to different staff members each month.
1. Name: Don McCall
2. What is your position at the Food Bank? Grants Coordinator
3. How long have you worked at the Food Bank? 5 years
4. How/Why did you start working here? I was drafted while doing volunteer work during one of my several periods of unemployment.
5. Why do you enjoy working at the Food Bank? I like to feel that I am helping people who need a helping hand.
6. What do you like to do in your free time? Play the keyboards (music not computer).
7. Tell us one interesting fact about yourself. I’ve been to 30 countries on 4 continents. I’ve scuba dived to a depth of 200 feet.
Here’s a photo of Don and a tour group back when he started at the Food Bank.
This is Don dressed as the AT&T mascot, Patches, at the ABC7/Safeway Share Your Holiday Food Drive event.